Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Friday, February 4, 2011

fashion beauty friend friday:: determining blog content

me-in-san-diego

1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?
I'm fairly new the blogging event world and FBFF is the first one I've participated in. I did try 52 Weeks of Blogging your Passion last year on my old blog, but I found that it just didn't work with that blog's mission. I do think as I move further on with the DU blog that I will be able to revisit that project (and actually complete it this time!).

2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?
Nope. I joined FBFF because I wanted to participate in a fairly low maintenance event that also had a sense of community built around it so I could meet some fellow fashion bloggers. So far, so good. Although, I'd like to participate more in the discussion boards, and some weeks I just don't have the time to comment on as many blogs as I'd like, but I'm working on it. And I'm glad to be participating.

3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?
I always make sure to stay true to my own voice and the idea behind my blog (which I'll admit is a bit of a work in progress at the moment). Once I hammer out my actual mission here, beyond my senseless ramblings which I'm sure are absolutely riveting, I think I'd have a better answer to this question.

4. When determining the best content for your blog what criterion do you keep in mind?
This is tough for me because I sort of walk the line between two blogging worlds- the fashion blogging world and the design/inspiration blogging world. I'm working on getting those things to mesh while still including personal content, and that's a large reason why the blog is a work in progress.

My criteria are largely undefined right now because I felt like I needed to stop planning my blog and just start doing. I have notebooks filled with ideas and categories and sketches, but ultimately, the planning process and the idea that I wanted a perfectly organized and perfectly designed blog from the start was holding me back from getting started at all.

I will say that I love the idea of Kendi Everyday's 30 for 30 challenge, but I feel like posting daily outfits is a bit much for me right now. I'd eventually like to participate in that, though.

I'm also waiting for Brandi Girl to do another Color Palette Blog Walk! And I recently discovered the Art Bead Scene's Monthly Challenge and I think I'd like to try that sometime, too.

5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style?
I comment and spread the word when I can. Just because I can't or don't want to participate in a blogging event as a blogger doesn't mean I can't participate as a commenter, right? Right.



Fashion Beauty Friend Friday (FBFF) is the brainchild of Katy over at Modly Chic. Every week, she creates a set of questions and FBFF participants answer them on our blogs. On Friday. See, that's why it's called Fashion Beauty Friend Friday. Visit her blog to find out more or join the fun!

Photo by Mr. DU (that's me in the picture, in San Diego, in case you're wondering). Photo edits by me. Texture by Kim Klassen.

3 comments:

Road Dog Tales said...

Hi, I'm an Etsy Beagle (DeannePace, but blog under my dog's blog name:) I've worked at home so long now that I've totally forgotten the word "fashion"! I used to love to shop, but now feel overwhelmed at the thought of buying clothes. I love that your blog makes fashion seem fun and manageable again!

Unknown said...

ooh, that colour palette idea is *so neat* - part of the fun of fbff is exploring everyone else's links! :D

also, for the 30 for 30, a good bit of us don't post every single day. a lot of people have taken the weekend off, last time around, and i put 2-3 days into a post a few times.

Christine said...

Hi Deanne! I'm glad my blog makes fashion seem fun. Fun is good. :-)

Amanda, I love the color palette idea. I didn't participate in the last one, but I'm in the next time it happens. Good to know about 30 for 30. Maybe I'll do spring or summer this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...