Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Friday, February 18, 2011

what i wore:: purple skirt, blazer and stripes

whatiwore-purpleskirt
{ purple skirt: j.crew (outlet), striped tank top: target, blazer: target, boots: can't remember, tights: spanx, jewelry: me, american eagle, j.crew. charlotte russe }


I missed a few days posting this week (and I missed this week's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday, too). In lieu of those posts, I have several excuses I'd like to share with you:
  1. My internet went all wacky and I was having trouble logging on for more than 10 seconds at a time.
  2. We've had an endless parade of window install estimator-sales peeps in our house several evenings this week. I now know way more about windows than I ever wanted to know. Including that an estimate takes about 3 hours.
  3. I am feverishly finalizing my thesis proposal for grad school, which will determine the direction my academic life for the next (and final) three semesters (and hopefully, my professional life after that). My presentation is coming soon and I have to send my professionally printed and bound proposal book out early next week.
  4. I decided to cook at least one dinner this week so Mr. DU wouldn't have to go foraging around the kitchen. I'm such a nice wifey. But not too nice. I definitely left all of my dirty dishes in the sink. He may have cleaned them up.
  5. I have been exercising much more regularly. I'm determined to lose the extra 30 pounds that seem to think I'm their buddy.
See, all good excuses, right? Hoping I'll be back next week with reliable internet and more posts! Happy Friday!

PS- I also signed up for Independent Fashion Bloggers. My blog hasn't been approved by admin yet, but I keep getting e-mails that people are sending me message board updates and greetings, as well as adding me as a friend. I'm not ignoring you! I just can't log in yet. I'll respond as soon as I can.

PPS- Do you like Displaced Urbanite on Facebook? You should. There's different content there- like random posts, Etsy finds and more outfits of the day that I just snap with my iPhone.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love the purple with neutrals.
It sounds like you are really getting into the style blogging! Fun! We can't wait to have you join us for the next EBEW!

The Auspicious Life

Christine said...

Hi Linda! Yeah, I'm starting to get into a rhythm with style blogging and I'm having lots of fun. Can't wait for EBEW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...