Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Monday, February 21, 2011

i heart cali:: la la land by sixth & main

It's no secret around the DU household (or to anyone who's ever had at least one conversation with me) that I'm really a displaced California girl. I've never lived there, but I make a habit of visiting often because truly no place has ever felt more like home to me than the Golden State. (And someday I will call it home for real.)

And because this is my blog and it's about things I love and that inspire me, I'm starting an "I Heart Cali" column/post thingy where I post things I love inspired by the state I love. Not sure how regularly I'll post about it, but look for it to pop up every now and again.

So here's the first "I Heart Cali" post:

I love everything about Sixth & Main's La La Land photography series- the dreamy photos, the pink tints and of course, the subject matter of all Los Angeles landmarks. Must. Have. Now.

sixth-and-main-la-la-land-photography-california-la
{ top row: downtown los angeles theatre, route 66, hollywood }
{ middle row: shopping on melrose, los angeles skyline, santa monica pier }
{ bottom row: sunglow surfer at manhattan beach, rush hour, paris to la }

3 comments:

MerciBlahBlah said...

OMG I SOOOOOO feel you on this post. I have loved California since I visited as a little girl, and again when I worked there on a 6 week assignment about 8 years ago (in Irvine, but spent lots of time in Laguna). The Hubs and I have been back to Laguna twice since, and I get HOMESICK for it all the time. In fact, I'm in the throes of a baaaad missing Laguna phase right now. it's one of the reasons I love bloggers based out of L.A. or OC, because I have such a fondness for the area.

Sigh. Someday to LIVE there would be heaven.

merci!
Shannan

I Have To Have It said...

Next time you head out that way, let me know and I'll send you a list of my favorite places in the North County--Del Mar, Solana Beach, Cardiff, and Encinitas. :)

Christine said...

Shannan, I am homesick every. single. day.

IHaveToHaveIt, I love Del Mar! That's where we stayed the last time we were out in San Diego. We drove up to LA and stopped in Solana Beach and went to the Design Center (is that what it's called?). I'd definitely love a list of your favorite places in those towns! We're planning to head out again in the summer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...