Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Monday, February 7, 2011

styled:: ruffled coral dress

Happy Monday! (That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one, right?)

As you may already know, I have a bit of an obsession with Melinda Gordon's style from Ghost Whisperer. In the series finale, she wore a pretty coral dress and, of course, I loved it (much like I love everything else in Melinda Gordon's closet).

ghost-whisperer-fashion-the-childrens-parade-melinda-gordon-coral-dress
{ screen shots from Ghost Whisperer, season 5, episode 22, The Children's Parade }

And then! Then I spotted a similar dress on Madewell's website. Unfortunately, I procrastinated (I am so good at that) and didn't buy it and then it disappeared. But then last week, it popped up on the site again- one left and in my size. Fate, right? Obviously. So I bought it.

It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm already thinking about how this awesome coral dress will not only be the perfect addition to my beachy summer wardrobe, but will also add a nice pop of color to neutral winter ensembles.

madewell-coral-jewel-toned-dress-winter

{ tights: tight end tights in charcoal, spanx | bag: deena & ozzy leather pocket front tote, urban outfitters | sweater: twisting and turning cardi, anthropologie | shoes: langford leather high-heel oxfords, j. crew | necklace: druzy pyrite charm necklace by sparkle couture }


madewell-coral-jewel-toned-dress-summer
{ bag: shifting sands bag, anthropologie | sandals: seaside sandal, madewell | belt: web buckle belt, j.crew | necklace: swirled necklace- shades of green by catie's blue }

Dress by Madewell (no longer available).

6 comments:

Kylie Mc said...

love the dress! i like how you pulled two seasonal looks out of one dress. so fun to look at! :)

Brandi Hussey said...

First off, that dress is flat out adorable! It was totally fate, absolutely. Can't wait to see what to pair it with in real life!

Second, thanks for the love with my necklace!!!! That totally made me smile just now. :D

RanaElizabeth said...

That color coral is really perfectly matched to go with turquoise. I love it!

Christine said...

Thanks, Kylie! I'm really big on making sure my wardrobe works for all seasons (which is sort of a tall order since we get huge temperature fluctuations here in PA.) :-)

Brandi, thanks! It was fate, I agree. It should be arriving today. Can't wait! And your necklace does look perfect with it.

Rana, isn't it? It just made we want to go to the beach RIGHT NOW and have a margarita on a restaurant deck overlooking the ocean. Summer needs to be here NOW.

Macy Dawn said...

I confess that I am a HUGE fan of Melinda's wardrobe on the Ghost Whisperer!! I am SOooo happy that we have found one another! ;)

Christine said...

Oh Macy Dawn, I'm so excited to meet another Ghost Whisperer fashion fan! I never tire of watching reruns of Melinda's fantastic wardrobe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...