Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Friday, February 18, 2011

52 weeks of downtown lancaster:: week 6

lemon-lavender-sorbet-carmen-and-davids-creamery-downtown-lancaster
carmen-and-davids-creamery-downtown-lancaster


I have summer fever. I have summer fever so bad that I stopped at Carmen & David's Creamery on the way home from running errands last Saturday. Because I needed some icy cold, homemade lemon lavender sorbet despite the 30 degree temperatures.

For those unfamiliar, Carmen & David's is a locally owned, downtown Lancaster ice cream parlor, and they make all of their ice cream from fresh, local ingredients and they keep several flavors on rotation. If you're downtown, definitely stop in. My recommendations: lemon lavender sorbet, strawberry thyme sorbet, mint chocolate chip ice cream and chocolate peanut butter oreo ice cream.


52 Weeks of Downtown Lancaster is my photo project for 2011. It's meant to keep me creative and posting about a consistent topic on a weekly basis. And I'm also pretty hellbent on to getting the word out that there's more to Lancaster, Pa. than Amish buggies, farms and outlet shopping. View the rest of my 52 Weeks of Downtown Lancaster pictures here.

All pictures taken by me, unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

Brandi Hussey said...

I'm in love with summer, I've decided. We've had a few abnormally warm days here, and it's such a tease!

I'm also loving your photos - the color palette is fantastic!

Christine said...

I am so upset that they are calling for snow here today! Not cool. It was 70 degrees on Friday and now today, snow. Boo.

And thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...