Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Friday, February 11, 2011

fashion beauty friend friday:: color wars

It's FBFF! This week we're talking about color.

color-wheel-ferris-wheel-photography
{ rainbow wheel by bomobob }


1. What color dominates your closet?
I'm not really sure...I have a ton of different colors in my closet because I really, really love color. I don't even own a little black dress (but I do own a little coral dress and a little blue dress and a little gold dress and a little leopard print dress and...yeah, you get the idea). But certain colors that I really love, like aqua and purple, don't really appear too often in my closet. I'm not really a muted pastel kind of person (as far as clothing) and they just don't make enough purple clothes!

2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis
in your closet?

Uh...I'd buy things I liked in every available color. And I'd probably have things I liked made in colors that were unavailable. Hey, if the dress fits, buy it in every color, right?

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors?
Have fun and try the unexpected! Don't be afraid of bright or bold colors, and if you're really scared of a color, just pair it with a ton of neutrals and just go with one pop of bright color. (I have yet to meet a color I'm scared of...although, Honeysuckle, Pantone's color of the year, has me marginally apprehensive.)

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits?
I tend to either combine a few really bold colors (like this look that I posted on the DU Facebook page because I didn't have time to blog it) or I wear one really bright color and surround it by neutrals (pictures of that coming next week).

5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color
into their wardrobe?

There are a lot of good color mixers out there, but I always love Kendi Everyday's colors.

color-wheel-bracelet
{ color wheel bracelet by nest pretty things }



Fashion Beauty Friend Friday (FBFF) is the brainchild of Katy over at Modly Chic. Every week, she creates a set of questions and FBFF participants answer them on our blogs. On Friday. See, that's why it's called Fashion Beauty Friend Friday. Visit her blog to find out more or join the fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...