Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

outfitted:: mustard, pink, and bronze

outfitted-mustard-pink-and-bronze-1
outfitted-mustard-pink-and-bronze-2
outfitted-mustard-pink-and-bronze-3

I've been meaning to participate in Kileen's (of Cute and Little) Color Brigade challenge for a while, but just haven't gotten around to it. I've also been meaning to take the tags off of this skirt and find things to wear with it. Consider both goals complete.

I've actually had this skirt for a few years (I picked it up on clearance), but I've never actually worn it. This is definitely not typical of me to purchase things and leave them hanging in my closet with the tags on; usually, I'm ripping off the tags and wearing my fresh purchases out the very same day. But something about this skirt stumped me. I love the color and I love lace, but it just isn't super practical for my lifestyle. I couldn't wear it to work and I just never bothered to wear it out.

For the Color Brigade challenge, I thought pairing it with an unexpected color like pink would be fun (plus some sparkly bronze shoes and a touch of aqua in my earrings). And now I'm on a mission to find other ways to wear it (be on the lookout for a blog post about that).

In the meantime, hope on over to Kileen's blog and check out the other members of Color Brigade Vol. 25. Also, feel free to "like" my outfit on her blog- the Color Brigade participant who gets the most votes gets featured next week on Kileen's blog.


{Shop}::
top: old/no tags; skirt: rodarte for target collection (on ebay); shoes: old (similar- thinking of buying these for myself since mine are starting to wear out!); bracelets: j. crew, charlotte russe, h&m; earrings: sun sugar studio, my jewelry line (these are one-of-a-kind but contact me for something similar!)

Shirt previously worn here.

5 comments:

B said...

I LOVE that skirt! It combines yellow and lace, which are kind of two of my favorites. Great outfit!

Bri

Linda Z said...

Pretty combo! :)

The Suburb Experiment said...

I wish I would have picked up more of the Rodarte pieces while they were in the store. They're so unusual but pretty! I wouldn't have thought to pair it with pink but it turned out very lovely and the jewelry is perfect.

Jenn

FrumsGlass said...

I love this color combo. Great skirt.

Christine said...

@Bri, I love yellow, too. I don't have nearly enough of it in my closet, though!

@The Suburban Experiment, I wish I had picked up more, too. I always seem to miss the collections for some reason. I loved the Rodarte one, though.

@FrumsGlass and Linda, Thanks! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...