Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

35 before 35

35before35-blog

I'm ready for a challenge. Life has been sort of icky lately, with me getting laid off and some other unfortunate incidents happening concurrently. And honestly, the series of unfortunate events didn't stop after that- there were some petty hate issues (in real life, not just online) and then my beagle, Meadow, partially tore her ACL and has been on vet's orders to rest for a few weeks.

But you know what? I don't need to be shut down by those things. I'll admit, I did a good amount of moping about the job situation (mostly because of the circumstances surrounding it, not necessarily because of the loss of the job itself), and I also found myself extremely down after we came back from our trip to Los Angeles (I'm homesick for that place every single day).

But then I realized I needed to pick myself up off the floor, dust off dirt of depression, and start moving forward again. Opportunity doesn't always knock politely on our doors. Sometimes we have to chase it down and beat it into submission. And so, I created my 35 Before 35 Challenge.

This isn't a new concept. In fact, lots of people and bloggers do it, whether 30 before 30, 25 before 25, or something else. Two bloggers I love who inspired me to take on my own challenge are Brandi of Brandi Girl and Kate of Divergent Musings. Both of them are doing a 30 before 30 challenge. (Check out Brandi's challenge here and Kate's challenge here.)

Since I'm already past 30, the next big age for me is 35. I'll be 32 this August, so that gives me three years to get in gear and get my life moving. I think I'm ready to grab some opportunities. Whenever I hit a goal, I'll post about it here, so I hope you'll join me in my journey. And don't forget to check out my full 35 Before 35 list right here (I also added a link to the list in my top navigation).

2 comments:

Brandi Hussey said...

Ooh, this is exciting! I'm having fun with my list (thanks for the mention, btw!), but I think I may need another year. Too much to do and not enough time to make it happen...

Christine said...

Honestly, I might need more than three years for some of those, but I figured I'd be super ambitious and see what happens. Some of them, though, may happen way sooner than I ever anticipated (can't say much more than that at the moment, but obviously, I'll post on my blog when something changes).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...