Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

outfitted:: everybody everywear- yellow

everybody-everywear-july-yellow-1-outfitted
everybody-everywear-yellow-outfitted-photo2

In case you haven't heard of Everybody Everywear, it's a monthly fashion blogger challenge and each month participants vote for a theme and then wear it on the designated day. July's theme? Yellow!

I don't really have much yellow in my closet. In fact, all of the yellow I have in my closet, you've already seen here and here, and now in this post. It's not that I don't like yellow. It's that yellow doesn't really like me. It's a pretty one-sided relationship and yellow is holding all the cards. Unless I'm really tan, which rarely happens since I'm not out catching rays all that often, yellow sucks the color right out of me and suddenly, I'm Casper's even paler twin. Not pretty, people. And so, I wear yellow in small doses as an accent or far, far away from my face.

Anyone else feel this way about yellow?

Click this button to see the rest of the Everybody Everywear yellow wearers:
Yellow | Everybody, Everywear


{Shop}:: dress: h&M; vest: target; shoes: target; necklace: madewell; bracelets: charlotte russe, j.crew, sun sugar studio
All items are from seasons long passed. Shopping bans have a way of forcing one to wear what's already in their closet, so nothing new or current to share with you. Fingers crossed this shopping ban will be over soon. Because I really, really want some of those Madewell dresses.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny - I wrote pretty much the same thing about yellow on my post. I love yellow, but on me it's best left to the accenting pieces. Love that vest though!

Alysson said...

I love your yellow!! So fun and adorable. XO

http://simplicityisultimatesophistication.wordpress.com/

Brandi Hussey said...

Yep, I feel that way about yellow, too, and peach. Both are colors I love, they just don't love me (or I don't think they look good on me, whichev).

Sam said...

Agreed. I also wrote something along these lines, though I would call you tan lol. I avoid orange and cream for the same reasons.

Love the outfit, this is a great way to incorporate it!

Christine said...

@wildruffle, thanks! And yep, accents are best.

Thanks, Alysson! :-)

@Brandi, I like peach, but yellow and I are just not friends.

@Sam, I'm also okay with orange and cream. I think yellow is probably the worst, in any shade, light to dark, warm to cool. Just no for me. LOL at me being tan. I guess it's all relative. My best friend is way tan, so I am a total ghost compared to her.

belinda said...

I love how you wore it with the grey,(looks grey on my computer) it looks great. I love yellow too but not sure if it looks good on me.lol I guess I rule that out if the clothing is cute

Christine said...

Belinda, it's actually a dark olive/army green, not grey. Funny how it looks different on your computer than it does on mine- it's definitely true what they say about different monitors displaying colors differently. :-)

Monica and Whitney said...

What a fabulous EBEW look! I love it! And your hair is GORGEOUS.

Ask the Duplex
Enter our giveaway for a $50 Visa Card!

In Kinsey's Closet said...

I'm loving this look! I just found your blog thru EBEW and I'm your newest follower!

Zon said...

I feel the same way about yellow. I love it but it has to be very mustardy for me to be able to pull it off. Looks great on you!

Christine said...

Thanks, Monica and Whitney!

Welcome to my blog, Kinsey! Glad you stopped by.

Zon-leblogdezon, I lean toward mustard yellow as well, but it still is rather meh on me, I think.

Meagan said...

I really love that vest over the dress!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Jess said...

There are definitely certain shades of yellow that look better on me, such as mustard. I love the way you wore your yellow!

Christine said...

Thanks, Meagan and Jess! :-)

CatCat said...

"Anyone else feel this way about yellow?"

Actually, I love yellow and yellow loves me too, since I am a natural tan person. Blame it on race, I guess. Though, our race commonly envy your fair skin since we do think that you look greater wearing yellow than us. Talking about different perceptions, eh. btw. Love that yellow outfit on your dress. Looks so gorgeous.

Cheers,
Cathy | Popular Brands of Scrubs Uniform

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...