Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

new job, new hair

The shopping ban is over, you guys. I found out over the weekend that I got a new job, and while don't like to post too much about work details here on my blog, let's just say at this moment and at this point in my career, this is a really good job.

In honor of my new gig, I thought I should get some new hair. So I went blonder. But don't expect it to be straight like it is in the photo all that often. My stylist works her magic to straighten my unruly waves, but I don't have the patience for that on daily basis.

me-blonde

And- AND!- not only did I get offered a full-time gig, I also was contacted to help out with volunteer work for a local animal rescue organization. If all goes as planned, I'll be taking pictures of pooches, kitties, and other critters, as well as writing copy about the animals for the organization's website. I'm super exited about this and it kind-of-sort-of can count for number 7 and number 18 on my 35 before 35 list (okay 18 is definitely a maybe, since technically, it's not a fundraiser, but it's still good work that will help a good cause).

I'm feeling super lucky at the moment. I think I should go buy some PowerBall tickets and enter every contest available right now while the karma gods are still shining down upon me. I also think I need to buy this dress and these shoes as a celebration of my new gigs.

4 comments:

Brandi Hussey said...

First off, CONGRATS on the new job!!! YAY for regular income!! YAY for a good position for your career!!!!

Second, I LOVE the blonde - I think you look fabulous and sassy!

RanaElizabeth said...

Ditto on everything that Brandi said. It's so great that you got a job and one that is actually a career move and not just a job.

chiara said...

Niceee! You look great. An congratulations on your job!

Christine said...

Thanks, everyone! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...