Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Friday, July 8, 2011

outfitted:: cutoffs and ruffles

outfitted-cutoffs-and-ruffles copy

A quick outfit post today. I've been crazy-busy this week with a ton of interviews and grad school assignments (holy crap, summer session is nuts- I only have three days per module to complete major assignments when normal modules during regular semesters are 7 days). Oh, and hobbling to the doctor and visiting the X-ray technician because I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago and it's still swollen up like a stuffed sausage.

But anyway, when I was initially laid off, I was super concerned because the last time I tried to look for a job the only response I got was stone-cold silence. Nada. Zip. Except those awesome "hey, thanks for applying but we found someone better" rejection letters. Those are fun, right? But this time, I'm getting really good responses and lots of positive feedback. No offers yet but I've been called for second interviews at several places, so we'll see what happens. Even if I don't get any offers from this round of interviews - not that I don't want an offer -  at least it's renewed my confidence in myself when it comes to job hunting. Because the last time, I gotta say, my self-esteem really took a beating. Constant rejection before you even get an interview makes you feel pretty crappy.

So about the outfit. As previously discussed, I'm loving shorts this summer. On slightly less humid days, I can manage to peel off the sundresses and wear something else. Like this outfit worn for happy hour last week. It would have looked cute with a little jacket, but it was a little too balmy outside for anything with sleeves or layers.

Also, excuse my ridiculous expression. I took these pictures really fast right before heading out the door and this was the best of the bunch. True story.

2 comments:

belinda said...

I so love your hair in a pony tail . I have a pair of cutoffs on today but mine use to be pants and they were to short.lol Some days I don't even cuff them up... my hubby shakes his head when I do that and calls me hillbilly lol.. I don't care though

Christine said...

Thanks, Belinda! I hardly ever wear my hair in a ponytail, but for some reason, I felt like it that day. And I definitely have cutoffs that are all frayed and I don't cuff up, either. :-) I think they're cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...