Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

inspiration board:: living and dining room take 2

I previously mentioned (in this post) that we're now in "designed to rent" mode with our house, so that (paired with my recent layoff) means I needed to rework my original plans for our living/dining room in our house.

Instead of buying all new furniture, we're using mostly what we have and buying a few pieces (like a less expensive dining room table than originally planned). I'm using a color scheme based on furniture and accessories we already own, and I repainted two of our end tables (used as a coffee table) bright pink and I plan to embellish them with nail head trim (a project I spotted in the July issue of Better Homes & Gardens).

Yesterday, we painted the room the blue color in the background of the inspiration board below, and now I'm on the hunt for artwork. I plan to use some of my own sketches and photographs, as well as some from Etsy sellers and images torn from magazines and catalogs. I also need some pillows in different shades of gold and yellow with 60s or 70s style prints. And maybe an area rug for the dining room.

The inspiration for this room came from this picture from Domino's very first issue (posted over on my DU Facebook page). I added a little more blue to the look with our walls, but overall in person, with all of our furniture and accent pieces, it definitely gives off the warm, casual 70s glam vibe. I'll post pictures of the actual room over on the DU Facebook page when it's completed.

living-dining-room-inspiration-board-version2 copy
{Shop}:: glass link chandelier, west elm; saga credenza, cb2; brigitte bardot watercolor fashion illustration by silver ridge studio; bjursta table, ikea; damask velvet burnout curtain, urban outfitters; couch: from my living room, bought locally; jamie young lamp base, layla grayce; lack side table, ikea

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...