Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

what i did on my summer vacation

I go back to work tomorrow, 12 weeks after getting laid off. I haven't had this much time off from work since I was 14 or 15 years old. And while I did stay busy with my grad school class and a few other projects, I still managed to squeeze in some nostalgic summer fun. If it weren't for that little thing called income (or the lack of it while unemployed), I could have easily imagined I was 14 again (save for the fact that those Saved by the Bell reruns were not nearly as entertaining as I remembered them).

So here are a few things I did on my summer "vacation":

Played with nail polish:
summer-vacation-nail-polish



Bought Revlon Moondrops Lipstick in 24K Orange, purely because it was one of the first lipsticks I ever bought as a teenager:
summer-vacation-orange-lipstick



Caught up on some mindless but entertaining reading:
summer-vacation-mindless-reading



Ate way too many Freezee Pops:
summer-vacation-freezee-pops



Made some friendship bracelets (similar pieces will show up in my jewelry shop soon, after I finish refining them):
friendship-bracelet-prototypetaken with my iphone



Visited my favorite city:
summer-vacation-la



And spent a lot of time with these adorable faces:
summer-vacation-animalstaken with my iphone


Just because I managed to have some fun on my unplanned summer vacation doesn't mean I wasn't productive. In addition to my fun, I also:
1. Updated the design of this blog and posted regularly.
2. (Soft) launched my business and marketing website.
3. Launched Sun Sugar Studio, my new jewelry line.
4. Created my 35 Before 35 list.
5. Painted our living room, dining room, stairway, and upstairs hallway (walls, ceiling, and trim).
6. Updated my resume and got a new job.

Overall, it gave me a lot of time to recharge from some pretty awful experiences, start some long overdue projects, and get ready to start a brand new chapter of my life (and close those old ones that aren't even worth re-reading).

I have a few posts pre-scheduled for this week because I don't know how much time I'm going to have between the new job and working on my final project for class over the next two weeks. Then, I leave for a long weekend, come back for two days, and then head back to the beach for short week/extra long weekend trip, so posting could be light for the next month or so until I get back into the swing of things.

Happy Sunday and happy summer!

All photos by me.

3 comments:

Brandi Hussey said...

What an awesome summer vacation!! Best of luck to you on your first day of work!

Ab said...

C - it sounds like you have a little pep in your "voice" and a lot more positivity in your heart now. Sometimes "rock bottom" or somewhere close to it is all it takes for us to pick ourselves up, dust off our shoulders and continue on with the beautiful lives we create for ourselves.

I'm happy for you! <3 Ab

Christine said...

Thanks, Brandi and Ab!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...