Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

shopping for:: lampwork heart jewelry

So apparently Valentine's Day is coming up soon.

I'm not really a fan.

But you know what I do like? Handmade artisan lampwork jewelry. I even like handmade artisan lampwork heart jewelry since it's not all lovey-dovey, melty-smoochy, chocolate candy conversation heart, gag me with 12 dozen roses, over-the-top Valentine's Day insanity and stuff.

Did you read that, Mr. DU? If I celebrated Valentine's Day, I would want some lampwork heart jewelry.

lampwork-heart-jewelry
{ 1- blue green heart earrings by natalica | 2- apatite and heart pendant by bella beads originals | 3- lampwork heart, moonstone and sterling silver necklace by loriyab | 4- glass beaded skeleton key and glass heart necklace by the venerable bead | 5- be my valentine heart of the waterfall beaded bracelet by heart of glass designs | 6- charmed love lampwork glass heart necklace by bead crazed }

6 comments:

RanaElizabeth said...

Speaking of beads...guess what I'm doing next weekend? Going to a bead-show with my mom! I'm not sure if the exclamation point is because it's so exciting or so terrible. I've been to one before and it was exciting for five minutes and then terrible for the next three hours. I'll have to look for lamp work stuff, the beads you post are always so pretty.

Christine said...

Oooh, a bead show! I somehow turn into a 2-year-old kid in a candy store at bead shows (or in bead stores). All the pretty colors and shiny, sparkly beads!

When you look for lampwork, make sure it's handmade by an artisan. Those are the best kind.

RanaElizabeth said...

Good to know about the lampwork stuff, I'll keep my eye out for handmade pieces.

I think my main issue with beads is that the colors just start blending into each other after a while. I think I'm actually going to attempt to sketch some stuff out over the weekend so I don't get so overwhelmed. I've been thinking about a chunky red necklace but am having trouble figuring it out, maybe sketching will help.

I have done a couple of things with my mom's supplies and I do find jewelry making to be very relaxing. Hmm, maybe I'll work on a post for the few items I've come up with.

Christine said...

Where is your blog?! I want to read it. Also, sketching definitely helps. I have tons of ideas in my sketchbook.

RanaElizabeth said...

Hmm, I could have sworn you've posted on my blog before...it's the same QTips/Mammoths site. I did make it private a while back though, send me your email in ST so that I can add you.

Way, way back in the day I did a lot of sketching, out-loud thinking(writing) in a book. And that's way back in college, so yeah, way way back. I still have that book though. I used to cut out stuff from magazines for outfits and it's amazing how much what I liked back then is still the same stuff I like now.

Christine said...

I have posted on your blog before and I remembered the name, but I wondered where it went. I didn't realize you had made it private. I'll send you my info.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...