Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

weekend recipe:: scrambled eggs with ricotta and dill

weekend-recipe-scrambled-eggs-with-ricotta-and-dill

I stumbled upon this recipe on Epicurious and it called for fresh chives. Since I didn't have fresh chives in my herb garden, I substituted fresh dill and it was really tasty and really easy to make. If you like dill, I highly recommend this. The recipe is below (my modifications are in italic).

Ingredients
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1/4 teaspoon fleur de sel or coarse kosher salt plus more for sprinkling
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
4 1/3- to 1/2-inch-thick slices whole grain bread, lightly toasted and buttered with fresh dill butter

Instructions
Whisk eggs, dill and salt together. Spray pan with non-stick spray (or melt one tablespoon butter in pan). Scramble eggs until fluffy (don't fry or brown the eggs). Remove from heat and mix with ricotta cheese. Place on slices of toast and top with more fresh dill.

View the original recipe here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...