Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Friday, May 27, 2011

outfitted:: chambray and eyelet

outfitted-chambray-and-eyelet copy
outfitted-chambray-and-eyelet-2 copy

I realize the last outfit I posted also included this denim shirt. I'm okay with that if you are. Besides, this is a nice little remixed look, no? One item, two ways. And actually, I wore this one first but am just now getting around to posting it. This little getup was for happy hour with the girls. There's nothing quite like happy with the girls to soothe what's ailing you, right?

Here's a random story for you. As previously mentioned, I got laid off from my job a few weeks ago. And as you also know, I love Ghost Whisperer and have been known to watch reruns on a regular basis. I promise these two things are related. At least in my story.

So anyway, I've been applying for jobs where I can find them (all five of them) and working on updating my portfolio and all that other job searching stuff. But since I've had very little response (and by "very little" I actually mean "zero"), it's been a little discouraging. I feel like I should be doing more. I was discussing this with Mr. DU while an episode of Ghost Whisperer played in the background.

Our conversation went something like this:
Me: "I've been applying for jobs and doing what I can to network and get myself out there, but I just wish I could do more."
Mr. DU: "You can only do what you can do."

At that exact moment, the conversation between Melinda and Jim on the television went something like this:
Melinda: "....I just wish I could do more."
Jim: "You can only do what you can do."

For real. True story. Mr. DU and I just looked at each other and he said, "Well, that was creepy." Creepy indeed. But I suppose Mr. DU (and Jim) had a point. I can only do so much and as long as I keep trying, there's nothing to feel bad about, right?


{Shop}::
shirt: similar; skirt: similar; shoes: madewell silverlake sandal (in brown or black); necklace: contact me if you're interested in a similar design


2 comments:

belinda said...

Love your outfit and you make the denim shirt look great.Never cared for denim shirts but now I think I will try and find one. Thanks. True about only doing what you can do. Something will come along and you will be great at it. BTW love the picture of you and lucy

Christine said...

Thanks, Belinda! I love my denim shirt! So many ways to wear it. Definitely recommend getting one. I hope something comes along soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...