Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Monday, May 9, 2011

52 weeks of downtown lancaster:: week 13

52-weeks-downtown-lancaster-may-first-friday
52-weeks-downtown-lancaster-may-first-friday copy

I'm way behind. I've missed a million weeks. But instead of posting a million weeks' worth of downtown Lancaster this week to catch up, we're just going to pretend I never missed any of those weeks and just pick up where we left off and keep it rolling from there, okay? Okay. So that puts us at week 13, which happened to fall on May's First Friday.

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the First Friday idea- shops, galleries, museums, theatres, et al, all stay open late, give out free wine, and sometimes have special deals. Traffic is a mess and restaurants are fully booked, and it's shoulder-to-shoulder in every shop, gallery, museum, theatre, et al, because everyone from the 'burbs comes into town for the night. Usually, I avoid this insanity because I live so close to everything and I can just wander down whenever I feel like it, but it was such a nice night on Friday that one of my good friends and I decided to venture out in the craziness.

We went late, so (thankfully) much of the craziness had died off and we could navigate around pretty easily. And then it appeared the sky was going to open up and pour down on us, so we ducked into Crush Wine Bar to have some wine and cheese. All-in-all, it was a good way to unwind on Friday night after a nutty week at work.

All photos taken with my iPhone.

52 Weeks of Downtown Lancaster is my photo project for 2011. It's meant to keep me creative and posting about a consistent topic on a weekly basis. And I'm also pretty hellbent on to getting the word out that there's more to Lancaster, Pa. than Amish buggies, farms and outlet shopping. View the rest of my 52 Weeks of Downtown Lancaster pictures here.

All pictures taken by me, unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...