Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

outfitted:: raindrops on roses

outfitted-raindrops-on-roses


I'm not generally one to use my blog as a whine (yes, whine) and cheese sounding board, but seriously, the past week has not been good and I don't have much good to say at the moment. So, allow me to vent. In the past week:
  1. I got laid off from my job (just a few months after buying a house- nice, right?). It wasn't the perfect job (is there such a thing?), but it paid the bills and I was building my portfolio. Not to mention, the job market here is horrendous and the last time I tried to find a job outside of this zip code, I got zero responses because, you know, it's bad out there in general and why would they hire someone from 3000 miles away when they can hire someone from next door?
  2. My iPhone freaked out, froze up, and crapped out, forcing me to wipe it out and reload it with the most recent backup (which was from February - my bad, I know). I lost tons of pictures and a ton of songs and television shows that I had purchased on my phone and hadn't backed up yet (again, my bad, but still annoying).
  3. Said house from point number one? Sprung a leak during yesterday's torrential downpour and our basement had nearly a foot of water in it.
  4. Said flooding? Ruined our hot water heater. No shower for me today (I guess it's good I didn't have to haul it into an office. It's the little things.)
  5. It's still pouring today and I absolutely had to go out it in. As in walking around town in it, not driving around in the dryness of my car. Tuesday is market day (which we live a few blocks away from) and we are completely out of food, so yeah...
  6. Blogger freaked out and messed up my blog. Posts went missing, comments were lost, the custom url went down. And that resulted in a loss of functionality for Friend Connect, subscriptions, and apparently the like and send buttons over there in the side bar. So if you liked my blog before, you've got to relike it because it's been reset. Let the good times roll.
And so it is. Raindrops on Roses. Because it's been that kind of week (month? year???). Also, doesn't my hair look awesome? Don't be jealous. And those shorts? They're older than dirt. Seriously. I've had them since my freshman year of college. Older. Than. Dirt. They also have paint stains on them and they fall down because I've now lost 20 pounds since January (and apparently, 20 pounds since my freshman year of college, but whatever).

So anyway, I'm off to send some resumes. Thanks for listening. /rant

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you've had such a rough week- big hugs!

Jenni said...

You deserved a good rant with all those things going on. Sorry to hear about the job, hope you have luck soon. Love the boots, try and keep spirits up!
jenni

Ab said...

Hey beauty - if it helps, before you even mentioned it yesterday, I thought that you looked like you were losing weight and slimming down in your pictures, so there's *1* good thing going for you! Everything else can suck it.

Also, tell me that tree that fell on Mulberry was MILES away from your house.

Sending lots of love, positive thoughts and job-getting vibes into the universe for you!! xxo

Christine said...

Thanks, everyone. I'm feeling better today. Working on something that I've wanted to do for a while.

And no, Ab, the tree wasn't near us. Thank goodness.

Kylie Mc said...

we all need to vent sometimes. ;)

that's awesome that you lost 20 lbs. any secrets ur willing to share?

btw, i love the boots. i miss target!

Christine said...

Thanks, Kylie! As for weight loss secrets, I don't really have anything all that earth-shattering. I just started eating like a normal adult, instead of a teenage boy, and started exercising more with a combination of an elliptical, plyometrics, and ballet training. I still have 20 more pounds to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...