Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

recipe:: strawberry and cucumber salad with honey, mint, and lavender

recipe-strawberry-and-cucumber-salad

I made this on Sunday afternoon for our little backyard cookout. It was so good, I made a second round and have been eating it every day since.* And - bonus points - it's super easy and quick to make.

Ingredients
1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced in half
2 fresh cucumbers, diced
1/4 cup honey
1 T lavender blossoms
1/4 fresh chopped mint leaves

Instructions
Combine strawberries, cucumbers, and honey in a large bowl. Mix until strawberries and cucumbers are evenly coated with honey. Add mint and lavender. Stir until evenly distributed. Serve immediately, or stick in the fridge to enjoy later. You can omit the lavender if you don't like it, but I highly recommend giving it a try!

*Sadly, it's probably the last time I'll be able to eat it since I started getting a rash on my face on Sunday and it's been getting progressively worse since then. Upon visiting the doctor this morning, he made the connection I failed to make- I've probably developed a sudden allergy to strawberries. How sad! They are one of my favorite fruits. This really has not been my month. Here's hoping to a better June, right?

2 comments:

chiara said...

Hey. Just accepted your request to follow me on twitter, and found your blog. I liked it so much I added it to my bookmarks!!!

Christine said...

Aw, thanks, Chiara! Glad you like it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...