Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

52 weeks of downtown lancaster:: weeks 9, 10 and 11

Wow. I'm a few weeks behind, no? But with good reason! You may recall that I had a thesis proposal presentation two weeks ago (as mentioned in this post). Good news, guys! I passed! But I didn't have time to breathe because I had to jump right into two midterm projects and midterm exams (good news there, too- A's all around!). And then I got sick. Boo. I'm starting to feel better today, but I spent the past few days feeling dizzy, headache-y, stomach-achy, sore throat-y, and just generally miserable. Yesterday I had mint chocolate chip ice cream for dinner because that was the only thing that sounded decent to me.

But anyway, enough of my excuses- here's three weeks worth of downtown Lancaster:

Week 9: week of March 7-12
We usually get our milk from Central Market. Aren't the jugs it comes in just adorable?
milk-jugs-from-central-market

Week 10: Week of March 13-19
Apparently, the Rendezvous Lounge had free bacon in honor of St. Patty's Day. Who knew?
stpatricksday-downtownlancaster

Week 11: Week of March 20-26 (that's this week! Yay, we're caught up!)
I was feeling a little better this morning (although still a little dizzy and achy), so Mr. DU and I ventured a few blocks down the street and around the corner for breakfast at On Orange.
on-orange-restaurant-downtown-lancaster
breakfast-at-on-orange
breakfast-at-on-orange-2
breakfast-at-on-orange-3

So that's what I've been up to around Lancaster the past few weeks. How have you been?


52 Weeks of Downtown Lancaster is my photo project for 2011. It's meant to keep me creative and posting about a consistent topic on a weekly basis. And I'm also pretty hellbent on to getting the word out that there's more to Lancaster, Pa. than Amish buggies, farms and outlet shopping. View the rest of my 52 Weeks of Downtown Lancaster pictures here.

All pictures taken by me, unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

Ab said...

Maplehoffe Dairy has the best milk. We get our milk from Central Market or from Pine View Dairy, as well. In a pinch, Stonyfield Farms (who knows where all that milk comes from!?) is a decent substitute when we fail to get milk locally.

I love the fact that there is practically no waste (minus the lid & tab thingy or the thin plastic bag!) when you purchase milk from our local dairies.

I know you're super local-in-mind and I just wanted to give ya praise for supporting local dairies!

That is all. ;)

Christine said...

Thanks, Abby. Someone really needs to start selling some soy milk locally. I sort of hate regular milk, and I'd much rather drink soy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...