Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Friday, March 4, 2011

fashion beauty friend friday:: beauty products

I'm back with Fashion Beauty Friend Friday after missing a few weeks. This week, it's all about beauty products. Fun!

fbff-beauty-products

1. What's your favorite drug store makeup product and your favorite higher-end product?
For a drugstore product, I'm a huge fan of Studio Secrets Professional Secret No.1 Magic Perfecting Base (3). For higher-end products, I really love bareMinerals foundations and powders (5). Pretty much anything bareMinerals, actually.

2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without?
Definitely The Original MoroccanOil® Oil Treatment (1). Nothing keeps the humidity from turning me into a giant blondish-brown cotton candy pouf better than this stuff. Nothing. Trust me. I've tried.

And also, lip gloss. I luuuuuurve lip gloss. My favorite, by far is C.O. Bigelow Winter Cordials in Hot Buttered Rum (6), which sadly was limited edition and I'm on the last few drops of my tube. But a recent E-bay search yielded some results. Apparently, I can buy some used. Really????

3. What's the best hair product you've ever used?
Um...MoroccanOil. Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist (4) also tops my list. It works really well to keep my stubborn hair under control and it smells all beachy and summery, too.

4. Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that?
I may have colored my hair construction cone orange when I was a freshman in college. I also may have colored my bangs bright purple at the same time. May have. Also, this was not a trend. I was just a bored, crazy college freshman. Two summers ago boredom struck again and I got the brilliant idea to color my hair bright, bright red. Not brilliant. Not at all. I'm much better with my natural color and some highlights, thanks.

If we're talking trends, I definitely rocked out with in the early 90s with a perm and huge, hairsprayed-to-the-sky bangs. I'm not sure why I felt the need to curl my naturally (very) wavy hair.

5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flair and personality?
I'm not too into crazy products or keeping a huge stash of beauty items, but I do tend to stick with something that I really like (uh...like MoroccanOil).

One thing I do really like is colorful eye shadow. Sparkly mineral versions are my favorite and I recently came across Orglamix on Etsy (2) and I love this seller! Such great colors and the eye shadow stays on all day. I know many people are apprehensive of a handmade beauty product, but I've been using this stuff for quite a while and my eyeballs have not fallen out of my head.

So. Is anyone else as obsessed with MoroccanOil as I am? Bueller...Bueller?



Fashion Beauty Friend Friday (FBFF) is the brainchild of Katy over at Modly Chic. Every week, she creates a set of questions and FBFF participants answer them on our blogs. On Friday. See, that's why it's called Fashion Beauty Friend Friday. Visit her blog to find out more or join the fun!

4 comments:

two birds said...

everyone is talking about this moroccan oil...i must buy some now!

Kate said...

I have been hearing nothing but good things about this Moroccan Oil thing. I think I need to try it.

I will say that I am right there with you on bareMinerals products. I love their foundations so very much. Its the only foundation I use.

Divergent Musings

Christine said...

Oh, you guys both need to try it. And if you have hair that's on the finer/thinner side, they have a light version.

Sydney Shop Girl said...

Nice to 'meet' you through FBFF!

Yay to MorrocanOil.


SSG xxx

Sydney Shop Girl blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...