Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

fashion beauty friend friday:: finding balance

This week's--er...last week's--Fashion Beauty Friend Friday we asked the question, "How do you do it all and still live, work and play as you should?" (And where does your blog land in those priorities?) The fact that I'm posting Fashion Beauty Friend Friday on a Sunday should give you some indication about how my answers will roll here, but nevertheless, let's go!

1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall?
Um...last? Seriously. As much as I hate to say it, it's last. Dead. Last. Here's how my priorities tumble: family (including Thing 1, Thing 2, and Thing 3), friends, work/grad school (these are sort of interchangeable--I have a tough time prioritizing one over the other), other obligations (errands, house stuff, working out, etc.), freelancing, blogging and jewelry design side biz. Yeah. Full schedule over here.

2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible?
I have a notebook that I carry with me and I write down ideas for posts because I have a constant stream of ideas and if I didn't write them down, I'd completely forget about them two seconds later. I also always keep my iPhone with me to snap impromptu pictures. It's not the same as my fancy DSLR, but it works in a pinch (and there are a lot of pinches around here).

3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient?
There are no short cuts for anything worthwhile. Really. I have no short cuts to share with you. It's just a matter of squeezing it in when I have time.

4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead?
Yes, I do. I was a journalism major as an undergrad, so that's helped me keep it organized. Although, even the editorial calendar can't save me from my schedule. It helps, though, and it also helps with the long-term vision I have for my blog.

5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now?
So. Many. Things. I'd do fancy photo shoots, post more what I wore pictures, recipes, DIYs, more creative projects (jewelry design, photography, etc), tons of other regular columns I have ideas for but no time to execute...I'd attend blogging conferences, I'd reach out to companies I want to work with and overall, I'd just post a ton more in general. I'd also spend a lot more time Tweeting and commenting on other people's blogs- just building relationships. I've met some great people through blogging and I'd like to have even more time to get to know them better (and to meet more new ones).

And I'd be over at Wordpress with a better blog design. I'm okay with one I have right now, but I have an idea to rework it once my real-life studio is finished so that it truly is a design extension of that. We'll see how soon that happens (the studio and the blog redesign).



Fashion Beauty Friend Friday (FBFF) is the brainchild of Katy over at Modly Chic. Every week, she creates a set of questions and FBFF participants answer them on our blogs. On Friday. See, that's why it's called Fashion Beauty Friend Friday. Visit her blog to find out more or join the fun!

2 comments:

Vivienne said...

Now that's inspiring!

Ana said...

I hear you. I have so many ideas, and so many "grand visions" for my blog, but not enough hours in the day. My life and job definitely come before my blog. Sometimes it is frustrating though, I'm always plagued with a sense of "I could do better."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...