Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

outfitted:: brushstroke green

outfitted-brushstroke-green-a
outfitted-brushstroke-green-b

This past weekend was the downtown Lancaster biannual Art Walk. Mr. DU and I decided (okay, I decided and then volunteered him) to go since First Friday was so crowded and I saw some things I wanted to check out more closely (ahem, buy).

It was a beautiful weekend and I thought it was worth breaking out a cute summer dress sans tights. I love tights, but my pale, pasty legs have been dying for some freedom (and for a tan, but whatever). I guess I did good with this outfit because a total stranger stopped me on the street to tell me how cute it was. Don't you just love when that happens?

Also a shout out to two indie boutiques whence some of these pieces came (yes, I just used "whence" in a blog post) - the dress is from The Islander, one of my favorite shops on the boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ, and the lampwork earrings are from HMB Designs, an artisan accessory boutique just a few blocks from my house (they may have been one of the items I purchased on the art walk). One of the bracelets is from Etsy seller, It's Me Mary. I plan to stock up on more of these.

{Shop}:: dress: similar; cardigan: similar; shoes: madewell silverlake sandal (sold out in the color i have)

3 comments:

RanaElizabeth said...

This outfit is great, and I love the dress. I keep telling myself that I need to just get the fuck over it and wear more skirts and dresses because they always look so cute on everybody else.

Sam said...

My legs are always pasty. I don't tan. I agree with @RanaElizabeth, I need to wear more of them too! I love this dress, by the way, great way to incorporate a print.

Christine said...

Thanks Rana and Sam!

I live in dresses! Even in the winter. For some reason, pants (as in dress pants) often make me feel like a frumpster. Maybe I just need to meet a pair of pants I really like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...