Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Monday, April 25, 2011

this past weekend:: easter

I hope you all had a fantastic Easter weekend! Ours was fairly low-key, but it still went too fast! I got some work done for grad school on Saturday and we ran a bunch of unexciting errands. Then on Sunday, we just spent some time at my mom's house with a very non-traditional Easter dinner of a shrimp and rice casserole and asparagus. So tasty and a beautiful day, too! A few pics of our casual meal on her deck:

Easter dinner

Easter dinner

Easter dinner

Easter dinner

(Excuse the water bottles in the pictures- people were getting impatient with my picture snapping and plopped their bottles down!)

And a few cute dog pictures. These are my mom's dogs, Lily (top) and Violet (bottom). Violet is a recent puppy mill rescue and is quite shy. It was hard to get her to even look at the camera and she spent most of her time sitting in her kennel.So sad!
lily

violet

What about you? How was your Easter weekend?

3 comments:

Brandi Hussey said...

Oh, how lovely!! What a fun idea for an Easter meal. And I adore your photos - they were well worth the wait!

Jenni said...

Looks very tasty. Those little dogs are so cute. You can tell that Violet is wary, something about her sad eyes...
but at least she is now in a loving home.
jenni

Christine said...

Thanks, Brandi! I'm thinking of modifying the recipe (with more seafood) and posting it here as a recipe sometime soon. I don't eat traditional Easter foods (ham, turkey, etc), so my mom had to get creative!

Jenni, Violet definitely has sad eyes, but hopefully with time, she'll get much happier! My mom has only had her for a few weeks and already she's getting better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...