Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

inspiration board:: living and dining room

living-dining-room-inspiration-board
{ petal pusher wallpaper by oh joy! for hygge & west, glass link chandelier, west elm, saga credenza, cb2, antoinette fainting sofa, urban outfitters, madeline chair in turquoise, urban outfitters, slipper chair in indigo ikat, urban outfitters, arteriors cooper gold leaf iron floor lamp, layla grayce, pink ikat pillows by ikat & batik, purple ikat pillows by ikat & batik, modern farmhouse table, anthropologie }


Hey, happy Sunday!

After a few months of debating colors and wallpapers and styles, and of staring at huge paint swatches all over our walls, I think I'm finally ready to start decorating the house. First up- the living/dining room area. The whole space is one big area, so everything has to work together.

That awesome gold and white wallpaper was the linchpin that brought the whole design together. After looking at two other wallpapers and being absolutely unable to decide between the two, I decided that neither one was the right one and went out searching for my perfect wallpaper match. I stumbled across this one, thanks to Emily Henderson and Secrets from a Stylist and I have to say, it was love at first site. After I picked the wallpaper, all of the other elements starting falling right into place.

The whole look is a mid-century modern meets bohemian artsy nouveau (a nice little mix of my style and Mr. DU's). I plan to paint the walls a deep robin's egg blue and reupholster one of our couches in charcoal grey. And I want to scout around for some reclaimed and vintage furniture to add into the mix. The main color scheme is shades of blue with metallic accents and pops of pink and purple. Totally not even close to the original idea I had for the room of greens, rusts and teals, but I'm really loving this look. It's completely different from any room I've ever had before and I think it will be a really great living space once we're done with it.

I will, of course, post before and after pics here on the blog. But for now, I'm off to enjoy the precious few hours left of the weekend!

4 comments:

belinda said...

I cant wait to see it when your done, its going to look amazing. I love the color you picked for the walls

Christine said...

Thanks, Belinda! I'm super excited about it. I feel like it's finally coming together.

2 Raven Chicks said...

Gorgeous!!!!! I am loving your selections. LOL - we just painted our bedroom a very pale aqua - not too much of a stretch from Robin's egg blue.

Christine said...

2 Raven Chicks, I think aqua is a pretty popular color for living rooms! I've heard a lot of people say they've painted theirs some shade of aqua/seafoam/robin's egg blue. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...