Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Monday, January 17, 2011

52 weeks of downtown lancaster:: week 2

the fulton theatre in downtown lancaster

This one's a bit of a cheat since I actually took it over the holidays. But it's just so pretty, I had to share.

As I already mentioned, over the holidays D (the husband) and I saw The Sound of Music at the Fulton Theatre downtown. I snapped this with my trusty Hipstamatic app just before the show began, which is probably prohibited or something (the snapping not the Hipstamatic app), but I did it anyway. (I am such a hooligan.)

Let me also put it out there that the show was fantastic. If you're ever in Lancaster and you want a little taste of Broadway in the small city, definitely check out the Fulton. For real, they hire actors who have performed extensively on Broadway and off-Broadway. So, what was that about Amish buggies and cow tipping?

52 Weeks of Downtown Lancaster is my photo project for 2011. It's meant to keep me creative and posting about a consistent topic on a weekly basis. And it's also to get the word out that there's so much more to Lancaster, Pa. than the Amish, farms and outlet shopping. View the rest of my 52 Weeks of Downtown Lancaster pictures here.

4 comments:

Brandi Hussey said...

Sneaky!! I love it.

This past Christmas, my sister dragged me into Tiffany's on 5th Ave in NYC. There were five floors of "I can't afford anything in here" and two of the worst pictures I've ever taken because I was trying to be stealthy with a gigantic camera.

Christine said...

Hahaha! I always feel way less conspicuous when I'm taking pictures with my iPhone than when I have my big DSLR. I need to get over that and just haul out the big camera. The iPhone and its fun photo apps have made me lazy!

Kylie Mc said...

hi! just found ur blog. i'm a fellow PA girl. :)
i'm lovin this picture idea as we're looking into a trip to lancaster this summer. i'm very excited to see all that the city has to offer.
btw, i luv ur blog!

Christine said...

Hi Kylie! I'm glad you found me! Let me know if you have any questions about Lancaster. I'd be glad to help.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...