Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Monday, January 24, 2011

a gigantic case of the mondays

Hipstamatic Orchids

Raise your hand if you ever felt like you needed a weekend to recover from your weekend so you can get the things done you were supposed to get done over said weekend had your weekend plans not been hijacked by the weekend plan stealing banshees?

This weekend, I intended to:
  • Set up my photo studio and take What I Wore pictures
  • Write this week's blog posts, or at least a few of them
  • Make root vegetable pot pie for dinner on Sunday
  • Relax and zone out mindlessly in front of the TV
  • Run a few miles on the elliptical

Instead I:
  • Ran around for most of the morning on Saturday, buying not-fun things for our new house (like mouse traps and plastic containers)
  • Visited the Humane League (twice) and came home with another beagle (her name is Meadow, she is awesome and I'll introduce her to you soon)
  • Went to the pet store to buy Meadow lots of presents
  • Nearly set the kitchen on fire by using the oven for the first time (for that pot pie I wanted to bake), but apparently, the oven is broken

I see no resemblance between list one and list two here, do you? And that is why, you are stuck with this random post, and that pretty picture of orchids that I snapped while shopping at Lowes for mouse traps and containers.

5 comments:

Brandi Hussey said...

Oh noes! But you know what, that's okay. Hugs, friend.

Jan said...

I have those all the time but yay for new doggies, right??! :)

Christine said...

Aw, thanks, Brandi!

Definitely, Jan! I've been wanting another dog for a while and Meadow is the sweetest thing! She gets along really well with our other two dogs, too. But we pounced at the last minute when we saw her available at our local shelter, which ate up a good chunk of our weekend. Glad she's here, though!

I Have To Have It said...

I hate it when my weekends get hijacked and this time of year when it gets dark so early, it feels impossible to get stuff done after work. But at least you have a new puppy!!! Can't wait to see pics!

Christine said...

I Have to Have it, I'm really hoping this weekend doesn't get hijacked like last weekend! Our new puppy is awesome and settling in really well. I'll post pics soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...