Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Introducing 52 Weeks of Downtown Lancaster

I've been trying to think of something I could do on a weekly basis that didn't require a ton of thought or time. Not because I'm lazy, but because I want something I can do with some semblance of consistency despite my busy schedule. And because part of my mission with this blog is to spread the word that there's more going on in Lancaster than Amish buggies and outlet shopping. So, I came up with the idea to combine those two goals into this project.

This idea stems from the other creative ideas out there in blogging land. There's an e-book out there in the indie design/handmade blogging world called 52 Weeks of Blogging your Passion. It's a great book and a great project, but not one that I'm ready to take on. Not yet. Not this year.

But there are some other bloggers out there who are starting their own 52 Weeks type of projects and after reading them, I got inspired. Do you need inspiration, too? May I suggest starting here with Brandi and her 52 Colors project. It's a lovely idea and I love that she's combining color and photography (two of my favorite things!). When exposed to those two things in tandem, I turn into the likes of a 2-year-old on the loose in a candy shop - pretty colors, pretty pictures! Can I have some more, please?

So, back to my own project. Whether I take photos with my Canon DSLR, my little point and shoot or my favoritest (yes, favoritest) iPhone app ever, Hipstamatic, I'm ready to document the places, spaces and faces I encounter here in downtown Lancaster, Pa.

Ready? Let's go!

52 Weeks of Downtown Lancaster, Week 1
It's snowing here tonight and this is the view of the snowy rooftops from my 3rd floor studio space.
3rd Floor View of downtown

2 comments:

Martha Horman said...

Great idea - good luck.
I'm trying to do a photo a day myself; just of whatever I run into during the day. So far so good... ha... I can't believe I decided to do this.

Christine said...

Oh goodness, a picture a day! That's very ambitious of you. I think I probably take a picture every day, but trying to get it into a blog post every day would just end in a fail for me. It's a great idea, though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...