Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

outfitted:: one more halloween post

Before we launch full-force into Thankschristmahanukkwanzasolsticenewyears, I figured I'd suck the last life out of fall and post the Halloween costume I wore this past weekend when I braved the snow to head to a party. I definitely don't get creativity points here since it was a pre-packaged costume (minus the shoes, hair ribbon, and jewelry), but I did get compliments on its coolness and cuteness most of the night. There's definitely a lot of love out there for 80s nostalgia.

So here I am as sparkly, shiny Rainbow Brite. (Excuse the weird pointing-and-laughing pose. There weren't very many full-length shots taken. And this was the best of the bunch, so yeah..)

me-in-my-rainbow-brite-costume

And here's a picture of a snow-capped pumpkin. You don't see that every day, right?
snowy-pumpkin-2

Let the holiday craziness begin!

3 comments:

belinda said...

I just love this outfit, and those shoes are beautiful. You did a great job with the make-up and jewelry Thanks for bringing back good memories of the 80's. I did the 80's for my costume it was fun

Brandi Hussey said...

As a child of the 80s who watched Rainbow Brite with an avid and steady devotion, I heart this costume SO MUCH.

Christine said...

Thanks, ladies! I always loved Rainbow Brite as a kid, too. I think I still have a white Sprite somewhere in my mom's basement (that I wanted to find and use as part of the costume, but ran out of time - sad!). I still had fun wearing it, though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...