Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

halloween snow dogs

Well. It seems that The Nightmare Before Christmas has landed here in Lancaster in the form of a Halloween Nor'easter. There's already about 6 inches on the ground and it's still snowing! Apparently this one is for the record books because the last record-setting early season snowfall was back in 1925. And this one has it beat.

But, I'm still planning on heading out to a Halloween party tonight, and the snow didn't stop me and Mr. DU from visiting the Humane League this morning to take pictures of some adoptable dogs. I think the snow made the pictures extra cute, don't you?

Jeeter
jeeter_1
jeeter_2

Farrah
farrah_2
farrah_4

Cuddles
cuddles_1

And two of the dogs weren't much for the snow, so I took their pictures inside.

Annette
annette_1

Ruby
ruby_2


And just for fun, here's a picture of my little Lucy Beagle in our backyard:
lucy-in-the-snow

For information on adopting these dogs (but not Lucy- she's mine!), visit The Humane League of Lancaster County's website. And if you're out and about in Lancaster tonight, drive carefully and stay safe!

2 comments:

belinda said...

the pictures are wonderful, they are so cute. Lucy expression seems she does not like the snow, I know Aires hates it when it rains

Christine said...

Lucy was definitely not super pleased because the snow was a cold, wet snow instead of a light, fluffy one. She (and the rest of my dogs) despise rain - to the point where they refuse to go outside without raincoats. True story. My dogs are spoiled.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...