Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

35 before 35 No. 7: work for a company i believe in

35before35-blog

Just to refresh your memory, I created 35 before 35 back in June as a way to challenge myself to meet some of my goals. And while I have been quite busy lately with work and grad school (and clearly not posting on my blog), I'm happy to cross the first of my goals off the list! That's right, I'm crossing off goal number 7, work for a company I believe in. The caveat? It's volunteer work, but hey, it's my list and I never said it had to be paid work, right? Right.

So anyway, said company is my local Humane League where I volunteer as a photographer (and website writer when/if I have time). And I couldn't be happier! I get to play with adorable dogs and take pictures of them to help them find forever homes! It's perfect. So perfect that I'm considering launching a side gig doing pet photography because taking pictures of them is so fun. Here are a few of the pictures I've taken of these precious puppies:

Nene (adopted!)
Nene-img1
Nene-img3

Duke
Duke-img1

Melvin (adopted!)

Melvin-img2
Melvin-img3

Rockstar
Rockstar-img3
Rockstar-img1

To see the rest of the pictures I took, visit my Flickr page. Visit The Humane League of Lancaster County to see adoptable dogs, or like them on Facebook for the most up-to-date news and photos.

4 comments:

RanaElizabeth said...

These pictures are awesome! I've never been able to take good dog shots.

Brandi Hussey said...

That's amazing, Christie! And what a fantastic cause to be a part of - that's got to feel so good!

Christine said...

Thanks, RanaElizabeth and Brandi! I love it! I wish I could do it for a full-time job!

Zon said...

what a great cause to be apart of and a great way to hone your photography skills! I used to volunteer at my humane society when I Was in high school. It was so much fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...