Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

happy halloween!

candles
sleepy-hollow-tavern

I mentioned before that late summer into early fall is one my favorite times of the year. Weather-wise that's true, but to be perfectly honest the entire stretch of months from August through December gets me pretty stoked. It starts in August with my and Mr. DU's birthdays and just keeps rolling along into Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas (and Festivus!), and finally, New Year's. And now an anniversary thrown in there, too- Mr. DU and I celebrate one year of marriage this December.

But this year since we aren't getting ready to move or to walk down the aisle, I had more time to plan for Halloween. So I transformed our our kitchen into "Sleepy Hollow Tavern" (sign from the Homespun Raven), stocked up on Oktoberfest beer and pumpkin ale, and threw our first annual Halloweenfest costume party.

And I admit, I recycled my costume (I didn't have that much extra time to get super creative!). I wore this same dress for the same costume idea nine Halloweens ago. In case you can't tell by the stiff arms and awkward stance, I'm supposed to be Barbie. And Mr. DU? Well, he's got a bad hangover.

halloweenfest-1

4 comments:

Joie de Viv said...

Hahah! I love your stiff pose and Mr. DU passes it off very well! I LOVE Halloween and the Fall too.

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

P.S. My word verification is "scariar". Kinda fitting for a Halloween post no? :)

FrumsGlass said...

You both look great. My favorite time of year as well. Halloween parties are the best.

Brandi Hussey said...

Um, I'm in love with Mr. DU's costume! The Hangover is one of my favorite movies.

I love Halloween, but I still have no costume! For shame.

Christine said...

Thanks, everyone! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...