Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

outfitted:: peachy

Saturday night D and I went to see Gaslight at The Fulton Theatre. It's part of our holiday tradition to get all dressed up, go out to dinner, and see a show at the Fulton. Usually we see whatever musical is playing in December, but I was intrigued by the "psychological thrilled" description of Gaslight, even though I didn't really know much about it, so we went a month earlier than usual. And it definitely didn't disappoint! I'd recommend it, but it closed tonight. But if you're in the Lancaster area, you can check out Hairspray at the Fulton starting November 30 through December 31. If past musicals staged there are an indication of the future, I'd say Hairspray will be fantastic!

So anyway, I had originally planned on wearing something a little more "holiday" (read: sparkling, sequins, gold, etc), but I'm not quite in holiday mode yet, so I pulled this frothy little number out of my closet instead. And while we're talking about dresses and theatre, why do people not dress up anymore for such an occasion? Sure, some people were dressed up, but for every person who donned their sparkling theatre best, there were about 10 more rolling in looking like they were hitting up a local dive bar. And this is a really nice, formal theatre. Do not get. Am I alone in this?

outfitted-peachy-img1

outfitted-peach-2


Shop:
Dress: Random boutique last year; Blazer: LC by Lauren Conrad (no longer on website, check stores, similar, similar in grey); Booties: Bakers Chelsee; Earrings: JewelMint Versailles (no longer available)

2 comments:

Brandi Hussey said...

LOVE your outfit, Christie!

And I'm with you - no one "dresses" for things anymore. Fancy dinners, night at the theater - some people just don't care.

Last year, the family and I went to see the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall the day after Thanksgiving. Now, my opinion on daytime shows or matinees are a little relaxed, and I'm willing to concede that people spent the morning walking around, then went to the show... but it felt like we were the most dressed up people there! I saw one man in ripped up jeans and a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off (keep in mind this was in November) - unbelievable. It's Radio City Music Hall, people!

Anyways.

Christine said...

Thanks, Brandi! And yes, I will definitely give people a little more leeway if it's a matinee, but an 8 p.m. show on a Saturday? No. And also, Radio City Music Hall? No. At least get out of your ripped up weekend jeans and put on some nice pants or something!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...