Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

what i wore:: snow day!

jan-snow-day-what-i-wore-1
{ dress: target | cardigan: j.crew | necklace: madewell | tights: spanx in latte (love this color!) | socks and boots: ? }


Yep. It snowed. Again. I feel like I live in a snow globe that a crazed child keeps shaking and shaking and shaking. And shaking.

The good news is, I got to work from home today and spend some time with Thing 1, Thing 2 and Thing 3 (ie, the dogs). The bad news is, snow days are not good days for dressing up. Or dressing at all really. I'd rather be in sweatpants. But since the office didn't close at the start of the day, I still slogged and skidded and slid my way there. (And without a single snow plow sighting. Where were you PENNDOT?) I wasn't about to slog and skid and slide in heels. So, I wore flat boots with tights and knee socks. And a dress.

I think I'll do this again sometime. I like the look. And I didn't have to worry about falling on my face in the parking lot. Okay. I still had to worry. I can fall on my face in a parking lot while wearing flats in 90 degree weather. But at least had I fallen today, I could have blamed the snow, even though I wore flats. Me? A klutz? Pssht.

Also, what do we think of the stylized image? Since this isn't strictly a daily outfit blog, I thought it might be nice to style my outfit pics (this is the first of the styled pics, which eventually will match/coordinate with the look of my blog). Thoughts?

All photos and layouts by me. Wrinkled paper texture by bittbox.

2 comments:

RanaElizabeth said...

First, you look so cute. Warm and still cute! Win/Win. I can't tell you how many times I see women wearing heels in the snow on their way to work and I just have to shake my head. There's lots of ways to look cute while not falling on your ass in the snow.

Second, I like the stylized image. I think it sets you apart from other blogs with OOTD photos. And besides, snow day is just fun to say. SNOW DAY!

I really like the image of us living in a snow globe that a little kid keeps shaking, it does feel like that sometimes. Just when you think you're good for a while and the snow is just about all melted, wham! 15" inches!

Christine said...

Thanks, Rana! I'm still working with the styling of the photos, but I do like the look. Thanks for commenting!

Looks like we're in a snow globe again today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...