Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

I got a husband for Christmas

So, I'm pretty sure my Christmas gift was better than your Christmas gift. Not to be a one-upper or anything, but on December 30, I married my best friend. Despite all of the chaos with wrapping up my grad school semester, starting a new job at the end of October, and buying a house and getting ready to move next weekend, this holiday season was probably one of the best I've ever had.

We kept our day simple, with a visit to the JP in the early afternoon followed by a three-hour photo session downtown and then had dinner with our family and drinks with friends. It was the perfect day for us and I'm so glad we went the simple route. Of course, I still had to have a pretty dress. We haven't gotten our professional pictures back yet, but here's a picture of us that my (very camera happy) mother snapped after dinner (you can sort of see the dress):

me-and-d

Excuse our tired looks. Husband just loves getting his picture taken, so after a three-hour shoot earlier that day, I was lucky he smiled for the camera at all after relaxing at dinner.

We're already onto that "in sickness" part of the vows. He seems to have caught some kind of flu bug and has been on a strict schedule of laying on the couch, eating chicken soup.

4 comments:

FrumsGlass said...

Congratulations! You both look great. I hope your husband feels better soon.

Christine said...

Thank you! He's feeling much better now!

Brandi Hussey said...

Christie! I wondered where you had gone off to - what an awesome Christmas present! I'm a little late but congratulations!!!!

Christine said...

Hi Brandi! Thanks! I'm still around! Just got so busy (and a little stressed) with everything I had going on over the past few months. But, now we're all moved in to our new house and the holiday craze is over so things are calming down a bit. It feels good to breathe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...