Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

He proposed! Wanna see my ring?

So life's been busy lately and I haven't had much time for blogging. Although, I have had time to jot down ideas and sketches for enough blog posts from now until 2050, so whenever I actually find time to write them, there will be lots of fun content- until then, well...yeah.

One of the things that kept me marginally busy was my birthday the first week of August. D bought me a bike, which I've been wanting for a while. Our only problem now is that D needs a bike so we can ride together.

Guess who has a birthday on Friday? Guess who's getting a bike? Yeah.

I think my birthday present was a giant hint as to what he wants as a present, but I'm okay with that since we'll have lots of fun riding around town.

my new bike
My new bike! Excuse the mess behind it. He had to rearrange a few things to fit it in our dining room. Yes. Our dining room. We live in a loft in the city. There isn't a yard or garage to speak of.

But the bike is only half of the story.

Last Tuesday, I got home from work late because I had an appointment. D was already home and I found him lurking in the dining room when I got there. Usually he's parked on the couch or in the office, so that was a little strange, but I didn't think too much of it. Then he told me he got me something to wear with my bike and to check the basket. Of course, I assumed it was a helmet since I still need one of those, but as I got closer to the basket, I caught a glimpse of a little red bag that was clearly too small to contain a helmet. Then I figured out it was an engagement ring (we picked out the stone a few months ago).

And then. He proposed, in our kitchen, with our dogs as witnesses. I'm pretty sure the dogs were super stoked. But then, that could have also been because we were in the kitchen and that means wayward food could fall and land within dive-bombing distance.

So, here's my ring. I love it (and I love how he proposed)! It's a blue diamond surrounded by white diamonds. The color reminds me of the ocean in San Diego, which, for me, is just perfect!

My engagement ring
Photos by me.

4 comments:

REBEKAH BROOKS said...

What a beautiful ring! I am a jeweler as well and have seen many interesting jewels walk into my shop recently... this ring is exquisite. Congratulations!

Kelly said...

Your ring is just so gorgeous.

I think I already said it on ST but...congrats!!

christie said...

Thanks, Kelly and Rebekah!

DiamondsandTulle said...

Gorgeous!!! I've never seen a blue diamond! So special!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...