Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Fashion:: Design Star, Emily Henderson

Does anyone else watch HGTV Design Star? What did you think of last night's finale? I was happy Emily Henderson won because I really like her overall aesthetic and she just seems like a nice person, too. And isn't it nice when a nice person wins? But I'm not really here to talk about the finale. I'm here to talk about the outfit Emily wore in the second to last episode.

Specifically, this outfit:
emily-henderson-design-star copy
Image sources: Left | Right

I'm obsessed. I just love the blue ruffled dress with the tan, heeled menswear-style shoes. So, I went hunting for some similar styles. And here's what I found:

emily-henderson-outfit
I'm on Sapphire dress from Modcloth | Tissue v-neck T from J. Crew | Hammered NuGold Cuff by Cyndie Smith Designs | Double-lock leather belt from Madewell | Sueded opaque control top tights from Hue | Canyon messenger bag from Madewell | Langford platform high-heel oxfords from J. Crew

The dress isn't identical (*cry!*), but I added a long-sleeve gray t-shirt to give it some interest (and seasonal mileage, since summer is fading fast!). I think I like it! What do you think?

PS- Emily has a pretty cool design blog call The Brass Petal. Check it out!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Hi! I adore Emily's style, too. I've been on the hunt for the heeled menswear-inspired shoes. I also found the J.Crew pair, but wasn't sure I wanted to fork over the cash. I did find these, though -- I bought them last night, and they are really comfortable! Heel isn't quite as high, but I think they're still great. And a fraction of the price!

http://www.famousfootwear.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=90877

Cheers!
Danielle

christie said...

Hi Danielle!
Those shoes you posted are super cute, too! I think the lower heel looks good with that style shoe. When it comes to menswear-inspired shoes, I think most look good in any height- flats, mid or high.

As for the J. Crew shoes, I know they're expensive, but I've found that if I save up and buy them, they are always worth the price. I'm still debating adding the ones in my post to my fall collection of new shoes.

Emily Henderon said...

OMG, i just found this. You are rad. The dress is 12th street Cynthia Vincent, fall of last year i believe and i still wear it constantly.

Thank you sooooooo much.

christie said...

Hi Emily! Glad you stopped by! And thanks for the info about the dress!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...