Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Just a few weeks down the line...


...there'll be no place to hide.

I can't take credit for that fun little phrase. But it's brilliant. It's actually from a Weight Watchers (I think??) commercial from the 80s. It's one of my favorite commercials ever. Picture a horizontally scrolling clothesline, first with a sweater, then jeans, then capris, then a t-shirt, then shorts, then a tank top, then a barely there string bikini while happy female voice says the ominous phrase from the opening of this post. Scare tactic? Sure. Impactful? Definitely. I'm not sure if the fact that I remember a weight-loss commercial from the 80s (when I was no older than 10) is horrifying or if it was dramatic foreshadowing for my current occupation in advertising.

It doesn't really matter, though. What matters is that the commercial is right. I have exactly 4 weeks and 1 day to get my butt ready for the last items on the clothesline or I'll be heading to California and wishing I had a place to hide. So, I bought myself Denise Austin's Daily Dozen. I can handle 12 minutes a day. Baby steps. I'm allergic to exercise.

But a funny thing happened. I've been doing this video for about a week and a half. And I like it! I feel better, have more energy and lost a few pounds (with um...several more to go). I actually feel like exercising longer (LONGER!) than 12 minutes. Good thing SuperD went and bought us a new elliptical this past weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...