Hi! I'm glad you found this blog. Feel free to look around, but just wanted to let you know that I no longer update this blog and I'm now blogging over at Into The Glimmer. I hope you'll join me there! Cheers!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A plea to the entertainment industry

Stop with the bad remakes and revivals of shows and movies that never needed to be remade or revived. It's really starting to wear on my nerves. First, the sad, skanky 90210 revival in which they have successfully destroyed not one, but two, of my favorite characters' happily ever afters. First, Kelly gets the short end of the parenting stick when Dylan ends up being a deadbeat dad to his and Kelly's son and then David chooses Japan over Donna.

I'm totally annoyed with this new 90210 reality, but I can live with it. Maybe.

But today, I came across a travesty that can only fall under the category of sacrilege. Looks like Footloose will be getting a remake of its own with Gossip Girl's, Chace Crawford playing the role of Ren McCormack. Almost Paradise? Far from it. No one messes with Kevin Bacon. I am boycotting. Or maybe I'll go dancing and take all my footloose friends with me and stage a protest in the theater lobby.

Everybody cut, everybody cut- this remake. The original is perfect.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...